During this in-person weekend workshop (Saturday-Sunday, June 24 & 25), participants will learn about book and cover design history and practice.
- Learn the basics of professional typesetting in InDesign
- Apply contemporary typesetting techniques to historical layout models
- See how InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and other analog techniques can be used to build book covers
- Learn about comping book covers to quickly generate many ideas
- A laptop or desktop computer with a subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud is ideal, though not essential. The course will be taught using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. For students to get the full worth of the program, at least a free trial version of these apps is recommended.
- Analog tools for cover design can be used at the participant's discretion.
Diversity and Equity Scholarship
Diversity and Equity are important to all of us at Letterform Archive, and we are committed to increasing opportunities for underrepresented groups within the type and design communities.
We are offering one BIPOC/Equity scholarship seat in this workshop.
To apply for this scholarship, please complete and submit to us the short form linked here at least a week prior to the start of the workshop.